The name or a term, as you can say, any superfood is a different category of foods containing maximum nutritional benefits, packed with essential minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Testosterone promotes an increase in muscle mass, bone mass, body hair and influences reproduction. There are some testosterone-killing foods available. And as we all know that testosterone is one of the major sex hormones in the human body. Therefore maintaining the correct levels of testosterone is always a tough job. People who think their testosterone levels are more than the threshold requirement should opt for testosterone killing foods, and people who possess just the right amount of testosterone should avoid testosterone killing foods. Either way, we as human beings are benefitted from these testosterone killing foods.
List Of Testosterone Killing Foods or Products
Although our body does an effective job to regulate the hormones and maintain testosterone levels, some testosterone killing foods always have your back in maintaining your testosterone levels, either by consuming or avoiding it.
- Dairy products: Dairy products contain synthetic and natural hormones that affect our testosterone levels. Therefore people looking to increase testosterone levels should avoid dairy products.
- Fats: The type of fat we eat also affects the testosterone levels in our body. Eating trans fats lowers the levels of testosterone. Too much consumption of omega-6 fatty acids reduces testicle size and functionality, whereas omega-3 fatty acids consumption increases testicle size and improves functionality. Limiting omega-6 and trans fats helps maintain your testosterone levels.
- Licorice root: Licorice supplementation reduces testosterone levels, especially in women during menstrual cycles.
- Desserts, Pastries, and Bread: A good diet including these food items reduces testosterone levels.
- Mint: You may drink a calming cup of tea using spearmint and peppermint, but the presence of menthol in the mint reduces testosterone levels. Studies and researches conducted on a female rat showed reduced levels of testosterone levels in rats.
- Alcohol: Regular drinking or heavy drinking over long periods decreases testosterone levels in males, whereas for women, the case is the opposite.
- Soy products: Soy food products contain phytoestrogens which affect our body hormone levels of testosterone.
- Testosterone levels in a woman naturally change throughout her life, especially during her menstrual cycle. Lower testosterone levels affect the production of new blood cells, affects sex drive, and boost other reproductive hormones.
Benefits Of Superfoods and Testosterone Killing Foods
These foods are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These antioxidants help neutralize free radicals in our bodies, thus decreasing or reversing the effects of free radicals that have a connection with the following health problems:
- Heart disease
- Cancer and Cancerous Tumours
- Respiratory diseases
- Parkinson’s disease
- Immuno-deficiency diseases
- Brain stroke
Although people expect consumption of these superfoods and testosterone-killing foods would protect them from these above-mentioned chronic diseases and other health problems, these superfoods do not cure all these diseases. So, try including superfoods as part of daily nutritional intake along with a balanced and healthy diet every day.